The Mitzel Group represents companies in state and federal court actions as well as administrative proceedings before government agencies on all aspects of employment and business law.
We know how stressful and disruptive it can be when employment issues arise. With the Mitzel Group on your team, you can stop worrying. Let our professionals advise you on these problems and represent your interests so you can focus on more important things – running a successful and profitable business. Regardless of the issues you face in any legal action or audit, we will diligently represent your interests throughout all stages of the process and communicate strategies on a real-time basis so you know what’s going on every step of the way.
We have significant experience and expertise representing clients in state and federal court as well as before government agencies on the following issues:
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour matters
- Minimum wage violations
- Overtime regulations
- Meal periods and rest breaks
- Classification of employees and independent contractors
- Classification of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Payroll practices
- Protecting trade secrets and confidential information
- Unfair competition and related practices under California Business and Professions Code §§17200 and 17500 et seq.
- Leaves of absence
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Privacy rights
- ERISA disputes
- Executive compensation
- Hiring and terminations
- Workers’ compensation
- San Francisco, California’s unique Health Care Ordinance, minimum wage and Paid Sick Leave policy
- Union disputes
- Respond to administrative agency audits and charges. We have extensive experience with many administrative agencies including the following:
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Employment Development Department
- Office of Labor Standards Enforcement.
We prevent costly litigation by engaging in conflict resolution programs including:
- Private mediation
- Early Neutral Evaluation
- Court mandated settlement conferences
- One on one coaching sessions
We provide clients with clear strategies for our representation as well as detailed cost and fee estimates prior to work being completed.
We have significant experience in a wide-variety of industries including:
- Professional Services
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Technology & Computer Services
- Banking & Financial Services
- Agriculture & Food Production
- Real Estate
- Retail & Manufacturing
- Government, Public Entities & Municipalities
For more information about these services, please contact us at email@example.com.